Puff ‘n Stuff catering was very pleased to be a part of the VIP Opening and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony of The Regent on January 14th, 2011. One of Tampa’s newest venues, the space can hold up to 1,400 reception guests or 650 guests at a plated dinner event. Wood floors, marble statues, and a gorgeous patio lined with white columns add to the beauty of this new facility. This event space is focused toward the use of the community and their needs and surprisingly the community was very involved and anxious for the opening of this venue. 150 guests attended the Friday evening VIP Event, and throngs of excited community residents also attended the Grand Opening the following day. All were eager to see what the Regent had to offer to this city.
Puff ‘n Stuff catering is one of eight preferred caterers for The Regent and was the exclusive caterer at the VIP Opening Event. The event started with delicious Hors d’Oeuvres including Chilled Gazpacho Shooters; Tomato, Chicken, and Avocado Costini’s; and our Maryland Crab Cake Towers, which are pan seared and served with a Cajun remoulade. The main courses for this event featured a combination of some of our Chef’s favorites:
- Caesar Salad Chef Bar- Caesar salad made to order and plated by the Chef
- Lobster Mac ‘n Cheese Chef Bar- fresh Grana Padano cheese with lobster, prosciutto, petit pois, garnished with fried basil and a coral cheddar tuile
- Gourmet Mashed Potato Bar- guests choice of creamy Yukon gold mash, garlic smashed red skins and sweet potatoes topped and baked with pecans and marshmallows. The mashed potatoes are presented in Cosmo glasses and offered with a variety of toppings including crisp applewood smoked bacon, sour cream, caramelized Vidalia onions, cheddar cheese, marshmallows, whipped butter, chives, and cinnamon sugar dust
- Mediterranean Sampler- hummus, tabouleh, Greek olives, baba ghanouj, and tzatziki sauce with crisp pita chips and flatbread crackers
- Tomato & Fresh Mozzarella Skewers- marinated fresh mozzarella skewered with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil
The VIP Opening for The Regent was an exciting and successful event. Puff ‘n Stuff Catering was honored to participate and pleased to see the community so involved and enthusiastic about their new local venue. We look forward to many great events at The Regent!
Caterer: Puff ‘n Stuff Catering, Special Event Planner – Aymee Brace
Venue: The Regent
Photographer: Matthew R Photo (Matthew Kent)
Uplighting, Drape and Bars: Extravaganza Productions
Linen: Connie Duglin