It’s time to showcase another real client event! Today we are sharing a large corporate medical party held at Jannus Live on February 3rd. Originally designed for public concerts, this was the first corporate event held at the Jannus Stadiums.
The theme for this event was “glow” in the dark; from tables to chairs, even the bar, everything was lit up with neon colors. Neon chandeliers hung from the trees outside to add a retro feel to the event. The evening’s program included the company’s monthly agenda followed by a comedian and live band.
To complement the futuristic event theme, we decided to spice up the party and create four Chef Bars showcasing delicious meals such as:
- Bastille Salad Station – displaying grilled hearts of romaine offered with a selection of toppings to include shaved cantaloupe, julienne prosciutto, grilled chicken, marinated artichoke hearts, diced tomato, pickled red onion with choice of red wine vinaigrette, ranch, honey mustard, balsamic vinaigrette
- Slider Station – with an assortment of sliders on silver dollar rolls, to include: jumbo lump crab cake with Cajun rémoulade, fried chicken and sausage gravy, pulled pork slider served with shaved sweet potato fries and assorted condiments
- Fresh Sashimi & Sushi Rolls – hand rolled from our freshest seafood including: spicy tuna, yellowtail, crab, sea bass, fresh or smoked salmon, scallops, or shrimp with wasabi, pickled ginger and soy sauce, accompanied by spicy mustard and eel sauce
- Macaroni & Cheese Bar with Grilled Chicken – Chefs cook and assemble guests’ selection of traditional elbow macaroni with cheddar cheese or orecchiette with blended Italian cheeses then top it off with their choice of applewood-smoked bacon, grilled chicken strips, crispy fried onions, mushrooms, jalapenos, smoked ham bits, black olives and tomato salsa
- Gourmet Petite Desserts – a selection of favorites: strawberry Frangipane cream tarts, chocolate cups filled with raspberry and chocolate mousse, chocolate pecan pies, chocolate éclairs, profiteroles, fruit tarts, sacher tortes, chocolate truffles, mocha cakes, French hazelnut cake, chocolate truffles, coconut macaroons, cream horns, chocolate-dipped strawberries and chocolate-dipped cheesecake lollipops coated with crunchy ground pistachio
Caterer: Puff ‘n Stuff Catering, Special Event Planner – Aymee Brace
Photographer: Aaron Lockwood Photography
Planner: Georgia Watson Events
Band: Will Erikson and the Local Roots
Comedian: Philly Plowden.
All Decor: IM Events
Winter Park Bridal Stroll | Sunday, February 20, 2011 | Winter Park, FL
On Sunday, February 20th, the Puff ‘n Stuff Catering wedding team participated in the first annual Winter Park Bridal Stroll on beautiful Park Avenue! Brides and friends, thanks for visiting us at Be On Park. Couples had the opportunity to mingle with Puff ‘n Stuff Catering Special Event Planners and sample hors d’oeuvres including:
- Polenta Cubes with Parmesan aioli, fire-roasted tomatoes, capers, and shaved Parmesan cheese
- Tomato Mozzarella Caprese Cornets with fire-roasted tomato crème fraîche
- Salmon Carpaccio and Fruit Summer Rolls with a Spicy Cilantro-Lime Sauce
- Ahi Tuna with mango and pomegranate salsa and served on a lotus root chips
Numerous other Park Avenue venues, vendors and shops also showcased their wedding specialties for over 150 brides.
Stroll Stops included: Be on Park & The Villa, Casa Feliz, The Collection, Maureen Hall, Park Plaza Gardens, 310 Park South, Women’s Club of Winter Park, Scott Laurent Gallery, John Craig, Fenice, Claret Cosmetics and Studio Cara.
Press Release | Puff 'n Stuff Catering Acquires Catering by Design | Orlando & Tampa, FL
Puff ʻn Stuff Catering Acquires Tampa-Based Catering by Design
Central Floridaʼs Largest Catering Company Intensifies its Expansion to Floridaʼs West Coast
ORLANDO & TAMPA, Fla. – February 22, 2011 – Puff ʻn Stuff Catering President & Owner Warren Dietel announced his companyʼs acquisition of Tampa-based Catering by Design, effective April 1, 2011. Founded in Central Florida in 1980, Puff ʻn Stuff Catering formally began operations in Tampa on July 1, 2010 as the exclusive caterer at TPepinʼs Hospitality Centre.
“This opportunity was presented at the perfect time to complement our expansion into the Tampa Bay market. Puff ʻn Stuff Catering will reach several key milestones in Tampa this year including opening a dedicated local office space, catering all local off-premise events from our kitchen at TPepinʼs Hospitality Centre, and fully staffing these events with local service teams. We are delighted to welcome Catering by Designʼs President, Lauren Balden, onto our special event planning team,” said Warren Dietel. He continued, “Both of our businesses were built on a shared commitment to providing restaurant-quality cuisine, superior client service and creating unique, custom events. Together, we will further our mission to passionately perfect our clientsʼ celebrations!”
Catering by Design will continue all regular operations through March 31, 2011, after which Lauren Balden and other Catering by Design employees will become part of the Puff ʻn Stuff Catering team. “Joining Puff ʻn Stuff Catering is an exciting move for myself, my team members and most importantly, my clients,” explained Mrs. Balden. “As part of one of the largest and most respected catering companies in Florida, my clients will benefit greatly from Puff ʻn Stuff Cateringʼs resources, infrastructure and experience, while receiving the impeccable service and creative menus that are hallmarks of both of our businesses.”
Puff ʻn Stuff Catering Tampa operations currently include General Manager/Special Event Planner Kenneth Heidt, and celebrated Special Event Planner Aymee Brace. Together, they have 30 years of experience in the special event industry and have produced over 100 events in the Tampa area since beginning operations last year. The Puff ʻn Stuff Catering team was both honored and humbled to be recognized with two awards from the Tampa Bay National Association of Catering Executives (NACE) chapter at the associationʼs most recent meeting on February 15, 2011. Aymee Brace was installed for her third term as Chapter Vice President of Membership and recognized as Member/Caterer of the Year. The company also won a joint award for “Event of the Year” for catering the associationʼs non-traditional holiday party, Club NACE, in December 2010. In 2010, Puff ʻn Stuff Catering was recognized by the Orlando Business Journal as the largest catering company in Central Florida with over 200 full and part-time employees.
For more information, please contact Erin Watson at 407.629.7833 or erin [at] puffnstuff [dot] com.
About Puff ʻn Stuff Catering
Puff ʼn Stuff Catering has been a premier catering and full-service event planning company for over 30 years, and is now one of the largest of its kind in Florida. Catering to affairs of all sizes, including corporate, social, gala and fundraising events and weddings, the company provides professional service with a personal touch. Puff ‘n Stuff Catering offers gourmet, kosher, vegan, vegetarian, ethnic and eco-friendly cuisine, as well as full-service beverage, delivery, production, linen and décor services, and professional service and bar staff. Serving Central Florida and Florida’s West Coast, Puff ‘n Stuff Catering produces events in over 200 venues and has offices in Orlando and Tampa, Florida. Puff ʻn Stuff Catering – Passionately perfecting lifeʼs celebrations! For more information, please visit www.puffnstuff.com.
About Catering by Design
Catering by Design was established in 2002 in Tampa, Florida as a catering and special event planning company, with a mission to create unique events centered on excellent food. As a small, exclusive catering firm, Catering by Design has orchestrated everything from small, intimate dinner parties and elegant weddings to large corporate events. Recognized for creativity, innovative cuisine and flawless execution, Catering by design built its reputation on the referrals of satisfied clients.
About TPepinʼs Hospitality Centre
TPepinʼs Hospitality Centre (founded by Tom Pepin) is “Tampa Bayʼs premier event facility.” Located at 4121 N. 50th Street in Tampa, FL, the facility boasts 18,863-square feet of event space and features a cascading waterfall, HD plasma screens, a 468-square foot stage, a show kitchen and customizable wall pictorials. Partnering with Puff N’ Stuff Catering, TPepinʼs Hospitality Centre provides cutting edge menus, lighting, sound, video and architecture designed by acclaimed leaders in their discipline.
Tampa Bay NACE | Chapter Awards | Tampa, FL
Several members of the Puff ‘n Stuff Catering team attended the Tampa Bay NACE (National Association of Catering Executives) meeting on Tuesday evening. This was a special gathering to install the 2011 Board Members and present the annual chapter awards. We’re honored and humbled to say that after operating in the Tampa Bay area for less than a year, we were recognized in both of these areas.
Aymee Brace, a Puff ‘n Stuff Catering Special Event Planner, was installed for her third term as Chapter Vice President of Membership and recognized as Member/Caterer of the Year. We’re so proud of Aymee and her dedication to serving her clients, community and industry! We are also delighted to win a joint award for “Event of the Year” for the non-traditional holiday party, Club NACE, in December 2010. If you missed it, click here to read more about Club NACE.
Thank you to our clients, community and staff members who made these honored events possible!
NACE is the oldest and largest professional society that addresses all aspects of the catering industry. Through the collective efforts of members, local chapters, committees and the Foundation of NACE, NACE is at the forefront of the issues that directly affect the catering and hospitality industries.
Host: Tampa Bay NACE
Photographer: The Gallery Studios
Menu Cards: URBANCoast
Real Events | Chen Wedding | Downtown Tampa
Today’s featured event is a small, elegant wedding that took place in early January. The ceremony was held on the rooftop terrace at 220 West 7th in downtown Tampa as the couple and their guests overlooked a scenic waterfront vista. The romantic, chandelier-lit reception was held in a raw space on the building’s ground floor, which was opened specially for the couple’s wedding day. Their reception is quite unique – it was the first and will be the only to take place in the space. Once finished, it will be a private, commercial office. Puff ‘n Stuff Catering Special Event Planner, Aymee Brace, helped the bride find this unique space, and several vendors helped create a romantic ambiance in this edgy, industrial venue.
The “icing on the cake” of the menu was our reproduction of the bride’s favorite dish, Shanghai Style Grouper, from local restaurant, Mitchell’s Fish Market. The restaurant shared the recipe with our Chef and he produced the meal with our interpretation of the side dishes.
- Maryland Crab Cake Towers – pan seared and served with a Cajun rémoulade
- Mini Angus Cheeseburgers – served with tomato, pickle & mustard and served with a mini cone of sweet potato fries
- “Soup & Sandwich” Bianco Panini – with mozzarella, sweet onion, fresh tomatoes, arugula, Gorgonzola, and e.v.o.o. grilled on focaccia and served with a tomato‑basil soup shooter
- Grouper Shanghai Style – on a bed of white rice and spinach steamed with ginger infusion
- Oak Grilled Vegetable Display – eggplant, summer squash, zucchini, asparagus, purple onion, Portobellos, bell peppers, artichoke hearts and other seasonal vegetables rubbed with balsamic and olive oil, then grilled over an oak fire served with a sunshine aioli dip
- Mashed Potato Bar – with creamy Yukon gold mashed, garlic smashed, red skins, and sweet potatoes topped and baked with pecans and marshmallows, presented in Cosmo glasses and offered with a variety of toppings including crisp applewood smoked bacon, sour cream, caramelized Vidalia onions, cheddar cheese, marshmallows, whipped butter, chives, and cinnamon sugar dust
- Bowtie Pasta – with marinara or alfredo sauce and guest’s choice of applewood‑smoked bacon, crispy fried onions, wild mushrooms or shaved Parmesan cheese
- Lobster Mac ‘n Cheese – fresh Grana Padano cheese with lobster, prosciutto, petit pois, garnished with fried basil and a coral cheddar tuile accompanied with a small caesar salad served in a specialty glass with a focaccia breadstick
To conclude the evening, the couple wanted to leave the guests in awe with our decadent dessert displays:
- Chef Attended Traditional Bananas Foster Flambé– warm butter & rum sautéed bananas served over vanilla bean ice cream with a cinnamon crisp
- Gourmet Petite Desserts– including strawberry Frangipane cream tarts, chocolate cups filled with raspberry and chocolate mousse, chocolate pecan pies, chocolate éclairs, profiteroles, fruit tarts, sacher tortes, chocolate truffles, mocha cakes, French hazelnut cake, chocolate truffles, coconut macaroons covered in Dark Chocolate, cream horns, chocolate‑dipped strawberries and chocolate‑dipped cheesecake lollipops coated with crunchy ground pistachio
Photographer: Divine Light Photography
Florist: La Vie en Rose
Lighting: Bay Stage Lighting
Planner: Anna Richardson at Lucia Paul Design
Real Events | An Evening with Dali | Salvador Dali Museum
At Puff ‘n Stuff Catering, we pride ourselves in delighting our clients and love to see them return to book additional events! Today’s featured event is our most recent event for JMC Properties, An Evening with Dali, which was held at the brand new Salvador Dali Museum in St.Petersburg, FL. JMC Properties was the first company to host a private event at this venue, which took place on January 26th.
The night began with a cocktail hour at Ovation, which is one of JMC’s newest properties. As guests arrived, they were served scrumptious butler passed-hors d’oeuvres including Fresh Fruit Brochettes with pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew & strawberries presented on bamboo skewers and served with a side of mango citrus dipping sauce, and our homemade Roasted Pepper Hummus with herbed pita chips.
Afterwards guests were shuttled to the Salvador Dali Museum where they enjoyed a private tour of the new facility and delicious Puff ‘n Stuff Catering creations such as:
• Mini Grilled Beef Tenderloin Kabobs– with peppers and onions
• Cheesy Onion Delight– blend of Asiago, parmesan and cream cheese with shallots and chives on brioche toast rounds
• Baked Stuffed Mushroom Caps– filled with fresh spinach & feta
• Pan-Seared Chicken & Artichoke Brochettes– in a chardonnay cream sauce
• Spanish Paella Valencia – served from an authentic paella skillet with striped clams, saffron rice, shrimp, sea scallops, grilled chicken and chorizo sausage tossed with capers, roasted peppers, artichoke hearts and spring peas with Manchego cheese toast
• Traditional Flan– topped with a creamy caramel sauce
Photographer: Gina Leigh Photography
Caterer: Puff ‘n Stuff Catering, Special Event Planner – Aymee Brace
DJ: Live Spanish musician, Daryal Erdem
Planner: Anna Richardson, Lucia Paul Design
Bar: uDream Events
Real Events | The Regent VIP Opening | Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
Puff ‘n Stuff catering was very pleased to be a part of the VIP Opening and Ribbon Cutting Ceremony of The Regent on January 14th, 2011. One of Tampa’s newest venues, the space can hold up to 1,400 reception guests or 650 guests at a plated dinner event. Wood floors, marble statues, and a gorgeous patio lined with white columns add to the beauty of this new facility. This event space is focused toward the use of the community and their needs and surprisingly the community was very involved and anxious for the opening of this venue. 150 guests attended the Friday evening VIP Event, and throngs of excited community residents also attended the Grand Opening the following day. All were eager to see what the Regent had to offer to this city.
Puff ‘n Stuff catering is one of eight preferred caterers for The Regent and was the exclusive caterer at the VIP Opening Event. The event started with delicious Hors d’Oeuvres including Chilled Gazpacho Shooters; Tomato, Chicken, and Avocado Costini’s; and our Maryland Crab Cake Towers, which are pan seared and served with a Cajun remoulade. The main courses for this event featured a combination of some of our Chef’s favorites:
- Caesar Salad Chef Bar- Caesar salad made to order and plated by the Chef
- Lobster Mac ‘n Cheese Chef Bar- fresh Grana Padano cheese with lobster, prosciutto, petit pois, garnished with fried basil and a coral cheddar tuile
- Gourmet Mashed Potato Bar- guests choice of creamy Yukon gold mash, garlic smashed red skins and sweet potatoes topped and baked with pecans and marshmallows. The mashed potatoes are presented in Cosmo glasses and offered with a variety of toppings including crisp applewood smoked bacon, sour cream, caramelized Vidalia onions, cheddar cheese, marshmallows, whipped butter, chives, and cinnamon sugar dust
- Mediterranean Sampler- hummus, tabouleh, Greek olives, baba ghanouj, and tzatziki sauce with crisp pita chips and flatbread crackers
- Tomato & Fresh Mozzarella Skewers- marinated fresh mozzarella skewered with cherry tomatoes and fresh basil
The VIP Opening for The Regent was an exciting and successful event. Puff ‘n Stuff Catering was honored to participate and pleased to see the community so involved and enthusiastic about their new local venue. We look forward to many great events at The Regent!
Caterer: Puff ‘n Stuff Catering, Special Event Planner – Aymee Brace
Venue: The Regent
Photographer: Matthew R Photo (Matthew Kent)
Uplighting, Drape and Bars: Extravaganza Productions
Linen: Connie Duglin
Real Events | "Club NACE" | Tampa NACE Chapter
December is always a busy month at Puff ‘n Stuff Catering, and we love having the opportunity to cater holiday parties of all styles and sizes. One event in particular stood out as an incredibly successful and non-traditional style party – the Tampa Bay NACE (National Association of Catering Executives) December event.
The evening was a fun showcase with everything, from the cuisine and drinks to entertainment and photography, provided by local NACE members. As described in the January NACE Newsletter, the evening was a hit! “In true Tampa Bay NACE style, T Pepin’s Hospitality Centre was transformed into “ClubNACE” – a makeshift dance club complete with “bouncers” at the door, VIP wristbands, and roaming cocktail waitresses offering a progressive signature cocktail service beginning with champagne shooters with mint marshmallows.
Puff ‘n Stuff Catering provided both butler-passed and demonstration style, chef-attended hors d’oeuvres including duck ropa vieja wontons and lobster beignets. In addition to the open bar, guests enjoyed five different signature drinks – one served every 45 minutes – throughout the night. Thank you to everyone who participated and helped make this night AMAZING!”
Catering: Puff ‘n Stuff Catering
Cocktail Waitresses: UDream Events
Coffee: Cafe Ala Carte
Draping & Dance Floor: conceptBAIT
DJ/ Entertainment: Marvelless Mark
Event Management: Sandy Rule Events
Flowers: Botanica International Design Studio
Furniture Rentals: Room Service
Lighting: Bay Stage Lighting
Photography: R. Joseph Photographics
Photo Booth: ShutterBooth
Menu and Food Station Signage: A Fine Press
Valet: 2-4-1 Valet
Venue: T Pepin’s Hospitality Centre