Thank you everyone in Orlando and Central Florida that have voted us the 2010 Caterer of the Year in the Orlando Magazine.
Votes are collected, counted, and the winner is determined by your votes and opinions. We always strive to provide you with exceptional service, detailed planning, and delicious dishes. We will continue to do so. Thank you for your votes!
Puff 'n Stuff Wins Catering Professional of the Year & Best Off-Premise Catered Event | 2010 WOW Awards | Central Florida
This year’s Florida WOW Awards were nothing short of spectacular. The nominees were seasoned professionals exhibiting the best of show and design that amazed their clients and fellow business owners all year long.
The WOW awards themselves have won “Best Team Effort” by the ISES in their Esprit Award Show. Originally conceptualized in 2003, the WOW awards brings Florida’s planning organizations (ABC, HSMAI, ISES, MPI &NACE) together in a collaborative effort to show support and recognize the best in the business.
This year, Puff ‘n Stuff and Warren Dietel took home the awards for:
- Catering Professional of the Year
- Best Off-Premise Catered Event
We would like to give special appreciation to Christie’s Photographic for capturing this amazing night and preserving these great memories. Photographs and current news of their events can be found on their blog.
How to ‘Vet’ a Good Caterer | Identifying a Good Caterer in Central Florida
A good caterer is essential to a memorable event. Food is always discussed, don’t let it be a disappointment. Good help can make a successful wedding, special event, business meeting or corporate event great. When trying to vet a good caterer, here are some tips to help you out.
- There are many quality caterers but you want one that is appropriate for your specific event. Don’t hire a caterer that has mainly done wedding work for a corporate event, unless you want a disaster. Each event has it’s own problems and situations, a wedding with a few hundred guests is not the same as a business meeting of thirty powerful CEOs that need to be impressed, or just your mom’s 60th birthday party. All caterers are not created equal.
- How do you want the food served? This is big, because things like a buffet, if not organized, can cause a monster headache. Food can be served in many different ways, sit down service, buffet, and food stations, so talk with your caterer. Find out what they have had success with before, and what they recommend. A good caterer may have serving suggestions. Also, discuss guest to server ratios. Some caterers severely under staff which leads to problems.
- If this is your first time working with this caterer, set up a tasting event. You are looking to evaluate their culinary style, as well as presentation. Great food that looks dull doesn’t go well for an extravagant event. Dinnerware should be provided, which gives you a chance to evaluate that as well.
- Check a caterer’s references. It’s a simple way to find out how they really are by speaking with past customers. Check reviews online too.
- When working with the caterer, include entertainers and other event staff in the headcount. Where will the event staff be served? Separate or with guests? These are things that need to be discussed.
Central Florida Catering | Puff ‘n Stuff Catering | Video
“The economy being what it is today we work with our clients to maximize their budgets and create incredible events with great creativity. We are a 30 year old catering company and we service all of Orlando and many other counties all around us. We pride ourselves on great cuisine, incredible service, and we have an amazing group of folks working with us to help us execute tremendous events everyday. The experience that our customers can expect to have when working with us really is one of true professionalism and a real attention to detail. We have a seasoned group of event planners, who work with you, to really execute your vision of the event. One of the unique features of working with us really is that you have the ability to have us as involved as you’d like us to be in your event. We can help you with your decor, or the entertainment, or we can certainly leave those to other folks if you’d like to bring them in. We can also help you find the right venue, we have over 100 venues in town here from casual to elaborate. Our company’s mission statement is passionately perfecting life’s celebrations and we look forward to doing that for you.”
Wedding, Renaissance party, convention, class reunion. Whatever the reason for the celebration, Puff ‘n Stuff Catering in Orlando will work with you to meet your needs, match your ideas and maximize your budget while delivering great food dishes such as sushi, steak kabobs, creative salads, fresh fruit platters, pastries and more. They’ll even help you with venue arrangement, decor, entertainment and anything else need to make your function memorable.
Welcome to Our New Website!!!
In Search of Passionately Perfecting Life’s Celebration’s, we have create a new website. This website is meant to be the best resource for catering in the Tampa Area, Orlando, and all of Central Florida. Our broadened coverage reflects our recent acquisition of Tampa Based Catering by Design to bolster our catering services to Florida’s Gulf Coast.
Our website highlights many of Puff ‘ Stuff Catering’s latest and greatest offering, with amazing videos of the possibilities.
Please let us know what you think about our website on our Facebook Page, which is also a great resource for upcoming events and a showcase for our latest recipes!
Thank You for Visiting Us,
The Puff’ n Stuff Catering Team
The Importance of Corporate Lunches | Central Florida Catering
A well done corporate lunch can help build relationships, and overall bring your company together. The employees appreciate the good will of a free solid lunch. Many studies have shown that eating together causes good feelings and releases endorphins. Also the lunch can be seen as a big Thank You for all your hard work.
Sure there is a little bit of awkwardness at first, whether the lunch is already paid for, and what to say and what not to say. Stay away from politics and religion as always. Guys be courteous to women even if it’s a male majority. Bigger companies that entail multiple floors, might find themselves seeing people they haven’t seen in years. Which is another reason that company lunches are so needed, because on the day to day basis everyone will probably talk to the same people over and over again without reaching out.
Consider planning a Corporate Lunch today with the help of Puff n Stuff Catering.