- Don’t place an order for the full group in a way that is not interpreted by the full group. One time a CEO determined we’d consume ‘family style’, entailing we would acquire a bundle of food, and we would all share.Trouble followed, he ordered in Chinese, and did not actually assure us non-Chinese speakers what he ordered. All the food was surprising. I detest surprises once it concerns my food. Do not articulate “Try it, you’ll like it”.I am not seven. Assure me what it is I’m about to eat, and do not be funny around it. I will be, to a lesser extent, mad if it is calamari and you assure me it is calamari, than whenever you assure me it is special shrimp and Iamb chomp into a suction cup. Not cool.
- Don’t try to talk about religious belief at a table full of people with wide-ranging backgrounds.
- Don’t try to talk over politics the least bit. Particularly when the discussion commences with the words “Your government”. Hey, last time I ascertained, you lived here as well, unless you’re commuting from Canada everyday.
- Do not make loud jokes about how attractive the women are. Seems sensible, considering as how there were women in attendance. And yet, it came about. I just put my head down and ate.
- Do not invite people to lunch, as a group, under the pretense of a company-sponsored excursion, then narrate it after wards they have eaten that “It adds up to $9 apiece” whilst you hold your hand out. Once they aforementioned “corporate lunch”, I naturally (and mentally) slipped the word “-sponsored” betwixt”corporate” and “lunch”, and was geared up to get my eat on free of charge. Nevertheless, acknowledging what I recognize about where I work, I also mentally prepared myself for the likeliness that I’d be amounting out of pocket. So I was prepared for it. And let down that I was once again proven right by these guys.
Do a corporate lunch right with Central Florida Catering Puff N Stuff.